PDF - ETINED - Council of Europe Platform on Ethics, Transparency and Integrity in Education - Volume 3 - Ethical behaviour of all actors in education (2016)
A quality education will only be achieved, and corruption effectively addressed, if all relevant sectors of society commit fully to fundamental positive ethical principles for public and professional life.
Based on detailed research in various publications, studies, codes of conduct and standards, this volume is intended as a guide to understanding the principles to be applied by education players to promote ethical behaviour, transparency and integrity in education. Citing the 14 ethical principles selected by the ETINED platform, this volume shows how they can be applied in respect of eight groups of players ranging from teachers, parents, education system employers and managers right up to policy makers.
This publication is the third volume in the ETINED series and illustrates, through practical examples, the ethical principles set out in Volume 2.
1. ETHICAL BEHAVIOUR OF ALL ACTORS IN EDUCATION
2. THE GENERAL RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN DOCUMENTS ON “ETHICAL PRINCIPLES FOR EDUCATION” AND ON “ETHICAL BEHAVIOUR OF ALL ACTORS IN EDUCATION”
3. THE USE OF THE “ETHICAL PRINCIPLES” DESCRIBED IN VOLUME 2
4. THE ACTORS TO BE COVERED
5. SOURCES AND APPROACHES FOR THE DETAILED COVERAGE OF THE “ETHICAL BEHAVIOUR OF ALL ACTORS IN EDUCATION”
6. SUMMARY STRUCTURE OF THE DETAILED STATEMENTS ON THE “ETHICAL BEHAVIOUR OF ALL ACTORS IN EDUCATION”
7. THE ETHICAL BEHAVIOUR OF ALL ACTORS IN EDUCATION: THE DETAILED STATEMENTS