Framework Convention for the Protection of National Minorities - Collected Texts (7th edition) (2013)
The protection of national minorities is a core issue for the Council of Europe, and one of the major achievements in this field is the Framework Convention for the Protection of National Minorities. The entry into force of the Framework Convention on 1 February 1998 was indeed an event of universal stature, for it is the first ever legally binding multilateral instrument devoted to the protection of national minorities in general. Its importance is widely acknowledged, and the number of ratifications has grown rapidly. The aim of this collection is to provide all those interested in the protection of national minorities with a user-friendly compilation of the basic texts concerning the Framework Convention. In addition to the Framework Convention and its explanatory memorandum, the collection contains texts pertaining to the monitoring mechanism in general and the Advisory Committee in particular. It further provides the state of signatures and ratifications as well as declarations and reservations.
2. Framework Convention for the Protection of National Minorities
3. Explanatory report
4. Signatures and ratifications of the Framework Convention
5. Resolution (97) 10
6. Resolution CM/Res (2009) 3
7. Further decisions of the Committee of Ministers relevant to the monitoring procedure
8. Rules of Procedure of the Advisory Committee
9. Reservations and declarations to the Framework Convention
Please note that in accordance with our terms & conditions, PDF/epubs may only be purchased by private individuals.