Developing intercultural competence through education (Pestalozzi series No. 3) (2014)
This is the third book in the Pestalozzi series. The first, Teacher education for change, dealt with the underlying philosophy of the Pestalozzi Programme and its approach to education in general and teacher education in particular. The second Intercultural competence for all, looked at the various implications of promoting the development of intercultural competence as a main concern of mainstream education.
This work takes a step further towards the full integration of intercultural competences as a key element within the education system. It aims at offering an educational rationale and conceptual framework for the development of intercultural competence, as well as a clear description of its constitutive elements to be developed in and through education.
A word from the editors
1. What is intercultural competence ?
2. The components of intercultural competence
3. The significance of intercultural competence
4. How to develop intercultural competence through education
5. Approaches and activities that help to develop intercultural competence
7. Further reading
8. Recommended resources to support the activities described in section 5
About the authors