PDF - Perspectives on youth - Vol. 4 - Young people in a digitalised world (2018)
Youth participation in the digitalised world is nowadays a topic of high interest in the public sphere. The authors of this publication aim to bring new perspectives and varied visions to the key questions of understanding how young people interact with all the opportunities the digital space has to offer, and how they can use this space for causes relevant not only for themselves, but also for the democratisation of the societies in which they live.
By doing so, the authors strive to build knowledge on this topic, illustrating how the digitalisation of contemporary European societies simultaneously offers significant opportunities and poses considerable challenges.
The Perspectives on youth series aims to function as a forum for information, discussion, reflection and dialogue on European developments in the field of youth policy, youth research and youth work. This issue is linked with the Symposium on Youth Participation in a Digitalised World, organised by the partnership between the European Commission and the Council of Europe in the field of youth.
Matina Magkou, Reinhard Schwalbach and Bram Spruyt
1. THE TRANSFORMATION OF YOUNG PEOPLE’S ONLINE AND OFFLINE LEISURE TIME, SPACES AND MEDIA USE IN HUNGARY
Ádám Nagy and Anna Fazekas
2. LEADING ENTREPRENEURIAL YOUTH – LEADERSHIP AND ENTREPRENEURIAL SKILLS FOR SHAPING THE MARKETS AND THE JOBS LANDSCAPE IN A MOBILE AND COLLABORATIVE ECONOMY IN GREECE
Betty Tsakarestou, Lida Tsene, Dimitra Iordanoglou, Konstantinos Ioannidis and Maria Briana
3. DIGITAL AND MOBILE TOOLS AND TIPS FOR YOUTH EPARTICIPATION
Evaldas Rupkus and Kerstin Franzl
4. OPEN YOUTH PARTICIPATION – A KEY TO GOOD GOVERNANCE IN THE 21ST CENTURY
Daniel Poli and Jochen Butt-Pośnik
5. MOROCCO – DIGITAL AND SOCIAL MEDIA PROMOTE YOUTH CITIZEN ENGAGEMENT IN DEMOCRACY
6. ONLINE COMMUNICATION TOOLS LEADING TO LEARNING, IDENTITY AND CITIZENSHIP FOR DIGITAL NATIVES
Adina Marina Călăfăteanu
7. TOWARDS DIGITAL LITERACY FOR THE ACTIVE PARTICIPATION AND ENGAGEMENT OF YOUNG PEOPLE IN A DIGITAL WORLD
Nuala Connolly and Claire McGuinness
8. REFLECTIONS ON THE START OF THE NO HATE SPEECH MOVEMENT
LIST OF CONTRIBUTORS
ABOUT THE EDITORIAL TEAM